Thursday, July 28, 2011

Which day I lose weight

I could swear it is weekend's.
But making a 'seasonal' plot, thus aggregating all data for each weekday, showed I do not so good on weekends. Especially Sundays. I am supposed to do sport on sundays. But, hey we had really bad weather the whole July. And some social obligations too...

Is it my day?
Boxes and Wiskers Plot of weekdays: the horizontal line in the middle is the  median. Upper box border is the 75% quartile, lower border the 25% quartile,so that 50% of values are between 25-75%. Lines outside are the the next 2-98 percentiles. Dots are outliers. Forget the legend, 0.8 is only the opacity of the boxes.


So in hindsight my worst day is Sunday and my best is Wednesday. How does it relate to kcal left to base rate? How would a weekday regression look like?
A weak start
The regression tells that sunday and monday are fatty
The bigger the dots, the more calories left to base rate. 

I even cheated one sunday because of overnight stay in the mountains, including booze, I didn't record.
Disclaimer: You don't know what a mountain is, if you where not there. And I know the evidence is 'thin', five data-points per weekday is not what you should base a scientific law upon

No comments: